Part-Time : 9 hour contract
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 3.00pm to 6.00pm
May 2021 (ASAP) to 21 July 2021
Drayton Community Infant School wishes to appoint a fun and enthusiastic After School Play Worker to supervise, guide and assist the children at our wrap around care facilities.
This role will involve working with pupils aged 4-11 from Drayton Community Infant School and Drayton Junior School (predominantly those from the Junior School). The Play Worker will be responsible for walking the children to the Infant School from the Junior School, ensuring the safety, general welfare and proper conduct of pupils and ensure that the before and after school clubs are a positive and enjoyable experience.
The successful candidate will:
- Love caring for and playing with children – we are a play-based setting
- Have at least 1 years’ experience working with children in a school or quality childcare setting.
- Have lots of energy, a positive attitude and be prepared to turn your hand to just about anything.
- As part of a small team, you will need to join, and in some cases lead, fun and games in a group of up to 32 children aged 4-11 years.
- Ensure the children are safe and happily engaged at all times.
- Set up and put away equipment, toys, tables and chairs.
- Prepare and serve a balanced, nourishing breakfast to the children who have opted for it.
- Interact with parents.
- Have an understanding of Safeguarding to ensure the safety of children at all times.
- To administer basic First Aid when needed, document accidents using accident forms and contact parents if required.
In return we can offer:
- Opportunities to develop skills and access appropriate training
- A supportive and skilled staff team
- A supportive and challenging Trust
- A pleasant and well maintained working environment
- Many hard-working and polite pupils
Closing date: Wednesday 28 April 2021 at midday
Interview date: Friday 30 April 2021
Sit down dancing in Year 2 has been a great way of still exercising during these difficult times with Covid restrictions. The children really enjoy it and it quickly increases their heart rate and improves their mood.