2nd November 2015
This contract relates to the funding for a specific child and will therefore continue until the child leaves the school.
- 1 day per week – Fridays) from 8.45am – 3pm
- Pupil Specific Learning Support Assistant in our dedicated Learning Support Assistant team within the Home Classroom as deemed appropriate to the needs of the child
Scale C: £7.43-£8.26/hour (5.75 hours/week)
You will also be required to attend the 2 INSET days on 22nd and 23rd October for which you will be paid.
Under the supervision of the class teacher you will play a vital role in the children’s education and well-being. You should:
- Have relevant experience of working with children in the EYFS/KS1 age range
- Have experience in working with pupils with Special Educational Needs
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills, a relevant qualification (NVQ2 minimum)
- Be able to establish positive and supportive relations with all pupils
- Be able to use your initiative to support learning
- Be flexible and able to work in a team situation
- Have experience of liaising with parents and carers
- Have a sense of humour and lots of energy!
We can offer:
- Friendly and enthusiastic children with a love of learning
- A friendly and supportive staff community
- Dedicated and hardworking team committed to improvement
- Outstanding links with parents who speak very highly of the school
- Relationships between adults and pupils which are outstanding
- A happy and welcoming place
- A supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion or disability. Drayton Community Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to an enhanced DBS check, and to comply with Child Protection policies and practices and provide evidence of qualifications. Please visit our school website to find out more about our school and read our Safeguarding and other policies: www.draytoninfantschool.co.uk. All offers of employment will be subject to 2 satisfactory references.
Application forms can be downloaded from www.schools.norfolk.gov.uk. (search: job application form). Please send completed forms, together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please provide a current email address as invitations to interview will be made by email. Applicants who have not been contacted by the end of July should assume their application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th October 2015
Interview date: Thursday 15th October 2015