In the summer term 2016, all stakeholders – the school staff, parents, children and governors – comprehensively reviewed the values of Drayton Community Infant School. The results of the surveys were presented to the School Council in the Autumn Term 2016 and the children came up with words which they felt summed up the most popular values.
Aim for the stars!
Every academic year, school staff and children will revisit the vision and values exploring what each value means.
Be eager and happy to learn, positive and enthusiastic.
Be encouraging and supporting, show resilience, follow the Golden Rules.
Never give up on yourself or others, have confidence and self-belief.
Aim for the stars!
Trying your best – take time, care and effort; recognise and value praise.
Our school values will be the main focus of whole school assemblies and everyday life in school. The children and staff will ‘live’ the vision and values. Team points will be awarded for children demonstrating the values in school.
We are proud of our school and believe that our vision and values will continue to help us all grow stronger as we are learning, caring and growing together.
- A school where children are at the centre, where they are encouraged to participate and have a voice.
- A school that is happy, safe, nurturing and offers a broad, balanced curriculum developing enquiring minds, independence and the confidence to make choices.
- A school that develops healthy and positive attitudes to learning and living.
- A school that develops opportunities beyond the classroom to enable children to learn about the world they live in.
- A school that looks to the future, embracing the role of new technologies.
- A school that enables pupils to benefit from professionally developed staff and governors.
- A school that works closely in partnership with parents, other schools and the wider community.